| || |
Why Choose Us for Care?
As the region’s leading provider of acute, outpatient, home health, and hospice care, South Shore Hospital offers a unique 10-acre campus, located 16 miles south of Boston. Here you experience the personal touch of a community hospital, merged with leading-edge technologies, resources and expertise of a regional health care center.
South Shore Hospital’s dedication to meeting the changing needs of the community has spurred remarkable growth and expansion over the past decades, and has resulted in a comprehensive range of health care services, including:
- Emergency Care — fourth busiest Emergency Department in the Commonwealth
- Trauma Care — licensed Level II trauma center
- Acute Care — medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological, pediatric, cardiovascular, and cancer care, with critical care units staffed 24 hours a day
- Maternal and Newborn Care — licensed Level III provider in recognition of the advanced care we provide to mothers and infants, as well as the only community-based neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), staffed 24 hours a day by on-site neonatologists from Children’s Hospital Boston
- Pediatric Care — collaborative relationship with Children’s Hospital Boston, now providing a 24/7 pediatric emergency service, the only one of its kind in the region
- Surgical Care — region’s largest program, with a multidisciplinary team of general surgeons, surgical residents, anesthesiologists, certified registered nurse anesthetists, physician assistants, and more than 200 nurses, technicians and other perioperative staff members
- Cardiovascular Care — the hospital’s cardiovascular center is the only one of its kind in the region, offered in clinical affiliation with Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Cancer Care — the Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Center in clinical affiliation with South Shore Hospital allows local access to advanced treatments developed at Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Center, including clinical trials
- Outpatient Services — the hospital offers a multitude of specialty services to meet community needs, including ambulatory care, outpatient rehabilitation center, outpatient programs, and outpatient radiology centers
- Home Health Services — comprehensive care, including services of South Shore Visiting Nurse Association, Hospice of the South Shore, Home and Health Resources (a private pay program), and an array of specialty programs
South Shore Hospital’s commitment to innovation and change mirrors our culture of service excellence. We are dedicated to creating a positive experience for each patient who comes through our doors, which is shown through every facet of care. As a result, we rank among the top ten best hospitals in the Boston area by US News & World Report — the only community hospital ranked in the top ten.
We invite you to learn more about South Shore Hospital and discover why more people are choosing us for their care.