At South Shore Hospital, we understand that women have unique health care needs. We’re committed to providing the highest level of specialized care to our South Weymouth, Boston and southeastern Massachusetts communities through a full complement of women’s services.
From obstetrics and infertility, to breast health and gynecologic cancer, our clinicians have the expertise and technology to address any medical concern. And we’re here to provide all the education and support you need to live your best—wherever you are on the journey.
Expert Women’s Care for Every Age and Stage
Just some of our specialized services include:
- Advanced diagnostic imaging: Our board-certified radiologists have access to technologies to quickly and effectively identify health problems affecting women. That includes digital mammography with Computer-Aided Detection (CAD) for extreme accuracy, as well as advanced bone density scanning to diagnose and treat conditions caused from bone loss.
- Breast Care Center: Our dedicated, nationally recognized Center provides expert care for benign and malignant diseases of the breast, plus access to innovative clinical trials offering promising new treatments.
- Cancer care: The Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Center, in collaboration with Brigham and Women’s Hospital and South Shore Hospital, provides world-leading cancer care programs close to home.
- Gynecology: South Shore’s skilled gynecologists provide expert care from adolescence through menopause and beyond. Should you need gynecologic surgery, we offer minimally invasive options, including robotic-assisted surgery, to help you get back to your life faster.
- Infertility: Our reproductive endocrinology program offers comprehensive diagnosis and treatment for women with fertility issues and many other gynecologic complications, including pelvic pain, endometriosis, hormonal abnormalities and problems associated with menopause.
- Maternity: South Shore welcomes nearly 3,500 infants every year—more than any other hospital in southeastern Massachusetts. Here you’ll find the region’s most advanced maternal/newborn program, led by a skilled team of physicians, certified nurse midwives and support staff committed to making your childbirth experience as special as it should be.
See a Women’s Health Specialist at South Shore
Find a women’s health physician or call (781) 624-6673 and we’ll point you to the right specialist.