South Shore Hospital provides inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation for our South Weymouth- and Boston-area patients recovering from a broad range of injuries, illnesses or surgeries. Each year, our skilled team makes more than 145,000 total therapy visits. Programs are designed to restore function, relieve pain, promote healing, prevent disability and help patients return to the lives they love.
Get Back to Your Best with a Full Continuum of Rehabilitative Care
Rehabilitation services are offered to our patients within the hospital, at our dedicated Outpatient Center, at home and through our community exercise programs:
- Inpatient Rehabilitation: includes physical, occupational and speech therapy for hospitalized patients, including those in our intensive care, neonatal intensive care, pediatric, infant and maternal health and medical/surgical units.
- Outpatient Rehabilitation: includes physical, occupational and speech therapy, exercise physiology and aquatic therapy provided at our state-of-the-art Outpatient Rehabilitation Center.
- Orthopedic, Spine and Sports Therapy: includes individualized pre, post and non-operative rehabilitation and conditioning programs, injury evaluation and consultation for athletes of all levels, as well as individualized fitness and injury prevention consultation.
- In-home Rehabilitation: includes physical, occupational and speech therapy provided by South Shore Visiting Nurse Association in the comfort of patients’ homes.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation: provides inpatient and outpatient services to help cardiac patients return to a healthy lifestyle through exercise, education and emotional support, including a Cardiac Rehab Support Group.
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation: provides services to alleviate symptoms and help patients with chronic pulmonary conditions return to their highest level of function.
- Community Exercise: includes a variety of gym- and pool-based exercise programs to help patients of all ages improve overall wellness and increase endurance.
- Joint Replacement Education Class: designed to help prepare patients for joint replacement surgery, post-operative recovery and rehabilitation.
Learn More About Rehabilitation Services at South Shore
For more information about rehabilitation services, please call (781) 624-8140.