South Shore Hospital
The Breast Care Center is located on the second floor of the Cancer Center and provides comprehensive care for patients with benign or malignant breast conditions. Care is provided by Brigham and Women’s Hospital breast surgeons and nurse practitioners from South Shore Hospital.
Our center provides advanced care to those patients with breast health concerns. Our mission is to provide timely, supportive, expert care for benign and malignant conditions of the breast. Patients will have access to innovative local, regional and national clinical trials through our center and Dana Farber Cancer Institute. While a referral from your primary care physician is recommended, it is not required. Our staff can assist you in obtaining a referral, if needed.
Examples of our services include evaluating patients for:
- Diagnosed breast cancer
- Findings on a breast exam or mammogram/ultrasound/MRI requiring additional studies, including biopsies
- Second opinions
- Atypical cells on a previous biopsy (ADH, ALH, LCIS)
- Evaluation of breast cancer risk related to a patient's family history
- Breast cancer gene mutations (BRCA, LiFraumeni, etc.)
- Recommendations if a patient is an untested first-degree relative of a BRCA mutation carrier
- Breast or underarm (axillary) masses
- Breast infections
- Nipple discharge
- Skin changes of the nipple or breast
- Patients who have received recommendation for a screening MRI
South Shore Hospital also offers specialized rehabilitation services for those with breast cancer.
For an appointment please contact us at 781-624-4545.
Aquatic Exercise Program
Learn ways to improve flexibility, decrease pain and stiffness, and improve self-esteem by participating in warm water exercise. Designed for all women, including those who have had a mastectomy. Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:45-7:30 p.m. Cost is $50. Call 781-624-8177 for information.
South Shore Hospital Breast Care Center Receives NAPBC Accreditation
Our Breast Care Center has received a three-year accreditation from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). Read more.