The Cancer Patient Care Council is dedicated to assuring delivery of the highest standard of compassionate and comprehensive cancer care.
Who We Are
We are cancer patients and family members who volunteer our time to support every patient’s experience. We do this by working in partnership with physicians, clinicians, administrative staff, and senior leaders of South Shore Hospital and the Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Center in clinical affiliation with South Shore Hospital to:
- Share information about patient/family needs and concerns.
- Strengthen communication and collaboration between patients, families and caregivers.
- Work with staff to make sure changes positively affect patients and family members.
- Participate in the design of patient care areas.
- Help plan and improve patient-related programs and services including screening, education and advocacy.
- Serve as a resource to the care team by providing the voice of patients and families in all phases of cancer-related treatment.
- Work in collaboration with staff to develop oncology programs, policies and practices that assure a seamless
integration of inpatient and outpatient cancer care.
Ultimately, we are here to work for you — the patients and families.
To do our best we encourage you to share your concerns, comments or suggestions about all of your cancer care at South Shore Hospital and/or the Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Center in clinical affiliation with South Shore Hospital.
For your convenience, we have placed comment cards and a box on the second floor next to our Café, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like more information on council activities and initiatives, please ask your clinician to speak with one of our council members.