Clinical Improvement Corner
Clinical Integration Success Stories
There are many great examples of clinical integration occurring across the South Shore Health System. Multi-disciplinary clinical teams are collaborating to strengthen clinical processes to improve quality, efficiency, and the patient care experience - thus working to achieve the Triple Aim.
HPSO is creating a repository of these examples on the Medical Staff Website. If you have a clinical integration initiative you want to share, please send an email to HPSO@sshosp.org.
The following Clinical Improvement Bulletins are available on the Medical Staff Website:
- Specialist practices eliminate waste and improve information flow to South Shore Cancer Registry.
- Teams succeed in reducing ED observation time and increasing patient satisfaction by offering outpatient stress testing for low risk chest pain.
- Lumbar spine MRI in patients with low back pain - Choosing Wisely Program
- Clinical team implements opioid prescribing guidelines and achieves 95% provider compliance.
- South Shore care teams collaborate to improve quality outcomes for expectant mothers and to reduce cost.
- Teams achieve 7% improvement in throughput from the ED to OR in less than 48 hours for geriatric hip fracture patients. Download the Scorecard.
- Teams work to reduce COPD readmissions through standards on patient classification (diagnosis) and achieve a 60% improvement on requested diagnostic follow-up within the community.
Log in to the Medical Staff Website below: Please note, you will be redirected to the main landing page. The Clinical Improvement Corner tab is to the left in the navigation bar.