Are you newly pregnant and eager to meet other women that are going through the same life altering experience? Are you brimming with questions and seeking expert advice on healthy nutrition, safe exercise, what to expect for prenatal care, genetic screening options, and more? If so, then Healthy Pregnancy Essentials is the class for you.
Taught by South Shore Hospital’s Susan Scotti Smith, nurse-midwife & hospitalist, and Rebecca Dunk, nurse coordinator for maternal fetal medicine, this class will give you the opportunity to ask all the questions you’ve had ever since you peed on the stick.
You will learn about:
- Your options for prenatal care
- Genetic screening choices
- Ways to manage common discomforts of pregnancy
- Recommendations for prenatal nutrition
- Food safety
- Safe prenatal exercise
- Healthy weight gain
- Warning signs
- Optional: A tour of the birthing and maternity units and review of the amenities and options available at South Shore Hospital, including: labor tub, midwife hospitalists, nitrous oxide, level 3 NICU, newly renovated birthing unit, free parking and more.
Navigating the do’s and don’ts of pregnancy can be overwhelming. You and your baby deserve valid, evidence-based material delivered to you by experts, as opposed to online pregnancy information which may come from untrustworthy sources. Treat yourself to the best and get off to a great start!
FREE Healthy Pregnancy Essentials Class Details:
Who: Women in their early- to mid-first trimester and one support person
When: Next class is May 6th, 6:30 – 8:30 pm
Where: South Shore Hospital
For more details and to register: For online registration, view our calendar of events. For assistance, call 781-624-3300 or email email@example.com.
Join us and meet other women that are experiencing pregnancy just like you!