Friends of Growing Families
Friends of Growing Families is a dynamic group of people who share a common interest: raising safe and healthy kids. Some members join when they become pregnant, so they have the opportunity to meet others who plan to give birth at South Shore Hospital. Others get involved after their children are born, to meet other parents and stay connected with our network of experienced clinicians.
Recently, Friends of NICU changed its name to Friends of Growing Families, to reflect the expanding scope of areas for which the group advocates. Many members became involved when they had complicated pregnancies, used the services of the NICU or had family members or loved ones as patients in the NICU. Through their fundraising efforts and passion in supporting the NICU, they serve as ambassadors in the community.
Membership in Friends of Growing Families offers many benefits, including:
- Qualitative information and resources on such topics as: how to be healthy before, during and after pregnancy to give your baby a healthy start to life as well as excellent parenting resources and educational opportunities.
- Special events that offer opportunities to meet and network with other members.
- Free subscription to Focus on Friends — the monthly newsletter full of information about events and opportunities for involvement in hospital programs and activities.
- Access to free and low-cost South Shore Hospital community health and exercise programs for adults and children.
- Membership card that provides you with discounts to more than 70 participating area merchants, including movie theatres, fitness centers, Six Flags amusement park, clothing stores, and salons.
- Friends of South Shore Hospital gift item.
The primary benefit, of course, is knowing that you are helping South Shore Hospital achieve its mission of promoting good health, healing, caring and comforting. For more information, please contact The Friends at 781-624-4170.