Mission, Vision and Values
South Shore Hospital exists to benefit the people of our region by promoting good health, and by healing, caring and comforting.
South Shore Hospital aspires to be The Choice — trusted as the first place to turn for quality health care services. We will achieve this vision by becoming a fully-integrated health care provider that works in close partnership with physicians, clinical affiliates, insurers, and community-based organizations to achieve optimum patient/family satisfaction, to retain expert talent, to earn community loyalty, and to enhance financial performance.
All of us affiliated with South Shore Hospital are guided by these values in fulfilling our mission and achieving our vision:
- We care for our patients as we would our loved ones: with expertise, compassion, and respect.
- We personify initiative, innovation, and tenacity in addressing community health care priorities.
- We foster an environment that celebrates diversity, rewards excellence and added-value, and encourages good citizenship.
- We work cooperatively with our colleagues and our community to advance the region's well-being.
- We exhibit leadership on critical issues, in ways worthy of public confidence.
- We demonstrate accountability, integrity, and resourcefulness in our financial stewardship.
Reaffirmed: June 2012
South Shore Health and Educational Corporation / South Shore Hospital Board of Directors
ASPECTS of Caring at South Shore Hospital
All of us who work at South Shore Hospital are committed to these Service Excellence Standards:
Accountability to our patients, visitors, and co-workers.
Service that is timely and exceeds expectations.
Professionalism that demonstrates our pride in our work and organization.
Etiquette that reflects respect, caring, and compassion.
Communication that is clear, open, and builds understanding and trust.
Teamwork that fosters a positive, collaborative working environment.
Safeguarding the privacy and dignity of all.