Other Programs and Services
| || |
South Shore Hospital offers nutrition education and counseling to support you in making positive behavioral changes to improve your overall health and meet your nutritional needs.
Our registered dietitians provide one-on-one counseling and a customized plan to help you meet your unique health goals. Meet some of our registered dietitians and learn what to expect at your first appointment.
Why choose our Nutrition Education Center?
- Our nutritionists are all registered dietitians (RDs)
- Our RDS are licensed in the state of Massachusetts which requires ongoing continuous education
- Nutrition recommendations are research based, using the most recent scientific studies
- Our dietitians teach strategies to achieve and maintain a healthier lifestyle
- Nutrition counseling is customized to meet your individual health needs
Areas of Expertise
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Weight gain
- Weight loss
- Food allergies
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Crohn's disease
- High blood pressure
How to Schedule an Appointment
- Ask your doctor to fax an order for medical nutrition therapy to the Nutrition Education Center at (781) 624-4008
- Call Centralized Scheduling to schedule an appointment at (781) 624-4090
- Most insurance plans cover nutrition therapy, but check with yours to determine if it is covered
To learn more about our Nutrition Education Center, call (781) 624-8809.