Children with a variety of medical and developmental concerns are referred by their pediatricians and other medical specialists for evaluation, treatment and follow-up care by our specialists in pediatric physical and occupational therapy and speech pathology.
Our pediatric therapy specialists provide services within a developmental play framework. Family participation is encouraged to carry over activities and techniques into the child's daily routine.
We also offer aquatic therapy, which combines traditional exercise/motor activities and sensory integration using the water's support, buoyancy and therapeutic warmth to enhance the child's rehabilitation process. Aquatic therapy is especially fun for children and diminishes their limitations while highlighting their abilities.
Pediatric Conditions We Treat
Infants and children with the following conditions may benefit from pediatric therapy services:
- Premature birth
- Articulation, stuttering and voice disorders
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Chromosomal/genetic conditions
- Chronic pain
- Developmental delays/disorders
- Expressive and receptive language problems
- Following orthopedic surgeries and Botox/Phenol injections
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Motor planning disorders
- Neurologic incidents, such as brachial plexus injuries, prenatal stroke, or traumatic brain injury
- Neuromuscular conditions, such as spina bifida, cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy
- Orthopedic conditions such as scoliosis, femoral anteversion, toe walking, club foot
- Sensory processing disorders
- Sports-related/orthopedic injuries, tendonitis
- Swallowing and feeding problems
Pediatric Therapy Services We Provide
- ADL (activities of daily living) training
- Aquatic therapy
- Balance training
- Boardmaker, a computer program used in speech therapy
- Functional mobility training
- Gait training
- Gross and fine motor coordination training
- Handwriting program
- Neurodevelopmental Treatment (NDT)
- Pragmatic/social skill development
- Sensory Integration Treatment
- Therapeutic exercise
Our pediatric therapists work closely with the referring physician to accomplish each patient's individualized goals and/or restore/maintain each patient’s functional mobility based on the referring diagnosis.
Convenient Pediatric Therapy Locations
We offer services in two locations:
780 Main Street – Satellite Gym
Occupational therapy is available, and we have suspended equipment for Sensory Integration Treatment. Call 781-624-8177 for more information.
55 Fogg Road - Main Hospital Outpatient Rehab Department
Pediatric physical, occupational, speech and aquatic therapy are offered at the Outpatient Rehab Department at the Main Hospital, in a private treatment room with suspended equipment. Call 781-624-8140 for more information.