Children with a variety of medical and developmental concerns are referred by their pediatricians and other medical specialists for evaluation, treatment, and follow-up care by our pediatric specialists in physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech pathology.
Our pediatric specialists provide services within a developmental play framework. Family participation is encouraged to carry over activities and techniques into the child's daily routine.
We also offer aquatic therapy, which combines traditional exercise/motor activities and sensory integration using the water's support, buoyancy, and therapeutic warmth to enhance the child's rehabilitation process. Aquatic therapy is especially fun for children and diminishes their limitations while highlighting their abilities.
Conditions We Treat
Infants and children with the following conditions may benefit from pediatric therapy services:
- Premature birth
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Chromosomal/genetic conditions
- Neurologic incidents, such as brachial plexus injuries, prenatal stroke, or traumatic brain injury
- Developmental delays/disorders
- Sensory processing disorders
- Neuromuscular conditions, such as spina bifida, cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Orthopedic conditions such as scoliosis, femoral anteversion, toe walking, club foot
- Following orthopedic surgeries and Botox/Phenol injections
- Sports-related/orthopedic injuries, tendonitis
- Chronic pain
- Expressive and receptive language problems
- Articulation, stuttering and voice disorders
- Motor planning disorders
- Swallowing and feeding problems
Treatments We Provide May Include:
- Therapeutic exercise
- Balance training
- Gait training
- Functional mobility training
- Neurodevelopmental Treatment (NDT)
- Aquatic therapy
- ADL (activities of daily living) training
- Gross and fine motor coordination training
- Sensory Integration Treatment
- Handwriting program
- Boardmaker, a computer program used in speech therapy
- Pragmatic/social skill development
Our therapists work closely with the referring physician to accomplish each patient's individualized goals and/or restore/maintain each patient’s functional mobility based on the referring diagnosis.
We offer services in two locations:
780 Main Street – Satellite Gym
Occupational therapy is available, and we have suspended equipment for Sensory Integration Treatment. Call 781-624-8177 for more information.
55 Fogg Road - Main Hospital Outpatient Rehab Department
Physical, occupational, speech and aquatic therapy is offered at the Outpatient Rehab Department at the Main Hospital. In a private pediatric treatment room with suspended equipment. Call 781-624-8140 for more information.