Health Provider Services Organization (HPSO)
Physician Director Election
TO: South Shore Health System’s Medical Staff
FROM : John Walsh, MD, President
South Shore Health System Medical Staff
RE: Health Provider Services Organization (HPSO)
Physician Director Election Process Announced
DATE : September 27, 2016
The pace, magnitude and extreme nature of the external forces driving today’s rapidly changing healthcare environment are unprecedented and make Physician leadership critical now more than ever. The Medical Staff has empowered HPSO and its five elected physician directors to lead our alignment efforts, provide a physician voice in the Health Systems’ strategic planning efforts and to help ensure physician legacy.
The terms of Dr. Chris Ducko and Dr. Jeffrey Johnson will expire on March 31, 2017. HPSO’s bylaws mandate that the election process begins now to provide sufficient time for interested candidates to apply, be selected, and be interviewed. Please nominate yourself, or encourage one of your colleagues to run for these open HPSO seats. Any physician who is a member of the active staff is eligible to run regardless of the group to which they belong (e.g HVMA, HCS, SSMC, Granite, BWPO, Compass, Atrius, etc). Applications from interested candidates are due by Monday, November 11, 2016.
Please see the attached documents website for important information about the election:
Your HPSO Board Members are:
- Luke O’Connell, Urologist, South Shore Urology Inc., Chairman of HPSO
- Gene E. Green, President and Chief Executive Officer, South Shore Health System, Director of HPSO
- Bradford Sampson, Gastroenterologist, South Suburban Gastroenterology, Director of HPSO
- Christopher Ducko, Thoracic Surgeon, South Shore Health System, Director of HPSO
- Jeffrey Johnson, Emergency Medicine, South Shore Health System, Director of HPSO
- Timothy Lynch, Chairman Medicine, Chief of Service, South Shore Health System, Director of HPSO
- Vincent Mangili, Anesthesiologist, South Shore Anesthesia Associates, Inc., Secretary of HPSO
- John Stevenson, Chief Health Officer, South Shore Health System, Director of HPSO
About the HPSO Physician Director Election
HPSO Physician Directors serve three-year terms. The terms are staggered so that the HPSO Board benefits from the experience of longer-serving Board members while welcoming fresh perspectives from new Directors.
The HPSO Nominating Committee – which comprises the Chairman of HPSO, Medical Staff President, The President and Chief Executive Officer of the South Shore Health System, and the two At-Large elected members of the Medical Executive Committee – will review all applications, conduct interviews, and name the candidates on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 . We invite any interested Active Medical Staff member to apply to be a HPSO Director.
HPSO Physician Directors are instrumental in shaping the future of the organization and our medical community. HPSO needs strong Medical Staff leaders who understand the strategic issues facing us and the patients we serve. We seek a problem-solver, a visionary leader, and a collaborator.
Your comments are always welcome and we encourage you to vote in the upcoming election.
Thank you for your consideration,
John Walsh, MD
Medical Staff President