Rehab Services After Surgery
Physical, occupational and speech therapy are essential components of surgical recovery and recuperation. South Shore Hospital’s programs include:
- Range of motion and strengthening exercises
- Mobility and gait training
- Enhancing ability to manage activities of daily living (e.g., bathing, grooming, toileting)
- Provision of adaptive aides and equipment
- Energy conservation strategies
- Chest physical therapy
- Swallowing and speech therapy
- Patient and family education
Rehabilitation services typically begin during hospitalization and continue on an outpatient basis in our Outpatient Rehabilitation Center or in patients’ homes through South Shore Visiting Nurse Association.
Care at Home
South Shore Visiting Nurse Association, the home care division of South Shore Hospital, is expert in at-home nursing and rehabilitative care.
Home & Health Resources, another program in South Shore Hospital’s home care division, offers private-duty (self-pay) home health care and household management services to individuals of all ages. You may arrange for homemakers, personal care aides, child care aides, home health aides, and nursing care.