Total Joint Education Class
Research and experience show that educating joint replacement patients prior to surgery helps them achieve positive outcomes. The more joint replacement patients know about preparing for surgery hospitalization and recovery, the more comfortable they are about undergoing the procedure and the better they are to be active participants in the entire process
We have developed a pre-operative Total Joint Replacement Class that explains in detail what you can expect before, during and after your joint replacement surgery. We highly recommend that both you and your care plan partner attend our Total Joint Replacement Class. it will give you the opportunity to learn more about your surgery and recovery, as well as have any questions and concerns addressed. Our Total Joint Education Class is designed to cover basic information about preoperative testing and what to expect during and after your hospital stay. The class will also review pre- and post-operative exercises and will demonstrate medical adaptive equipment, such as walkers.
Our goal is to prepare you for your surgery and help you understand your role as an active participant in your recovery and rehabilitation. Here is what to expect:
- We will discuss your upcoming procedure, including your pre-operative visit, surgical procedure and hospital stay.
- We will explain how to prevent post-operative complications.
- We will prepare you to take an active role in your discharge planning and post-operative rehabilitation.
- We will help decrease your fear and anxiety about total joint replacement surgery.
Plan to attend class for two to three weeks prior to surgery. A rehabilitation department staff member will contact you to schedule a class.
For more information, please call 781-624-3448.
What to Bring to Class:
- Your Total Joint Replacement booklet and a pen/pencil
- Your questions
- You are encouraged to bring your care plan partner or supportive family member/friend.
The class meets every Monday, from 8 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. at Center for Orthopedics, Spine and Sports Medicine at 2 Pond Park, Hingham.