Travel Health Services
Traveling abroad? South Shore Medical Center – which is part of the Health System that also includes South Shore Hospital – can give you recommended vaccinations, health and safety advice and the latest government travel advisories for a safe trip.
South Shore Medical Center offers travel health appointments at the following locations:
5 Tarklin Road, Kingston, MA 02364
143 Longwater Drive, Norwell, MA 02061
Travel appointments may be made by calling (781) 261-4792.
Travel for Pleasure or on Business
If you are planning travel to an international destination, make South Shore Medical Center’s Travel Health Service your first stop. Our Travel Health Service will help you have a safe journey with appropriate immunizations, travel medications, and health and safety information.
- Yellow Fever Vaccine*
- Typhoid Vaccine
- Hepatitis A Vaccine
- Meningococcal Vaccine
- Rabies Vaccine
- Japanese Encephalitis
*Approved center by Mass. Dept. of Public Health
Routine immunizations to help you maintain immunity:
- Mumps, Measles, Rubella (MMR)
- Hepatitis B
Travelers receive up-to-date, computerized information via the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization, including:
- Destination country entrance requirements
- Necessary Malaria prevention
- Latest disease outbreaks
- Travel Safety Advisories from the US State Department
- Locations and phone numbers of key resources in your desination country, including the US Consulate, US Embassy, etc.
- Food and water precautions
- Sun and insect protection
- Traveler’s diarrhea prevention and treatment
- Official immunization record