The Boutique, located on the second floor of the Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Center in clinical affiliation with South Shore Hospital, provides a warm and welcoming atmosphere, specifically designed to meet your cancer care needs.
We offer each patient a personal complementary consultation in our private fitting room and assistance with a full range of specialized products designed to support your journey through cancer treatment, recovery and beyond.
Wigs and Wig Fittings
Our knowledgeable wig fitters will assist you in choosing the color and style to help you achieve the look you desire. We have a beautiful selection of synthetic wigs in a wide variety of styles and colors as well as human hair wigs.If you are experiencing hair loss due to chemotherapy treatment or from Alopecia, we understand your concerns.
You can also choose alternative head coverings such as:
- Hair pieces
- Hats with hair attached
- Turbans, hats, sleep caps and scarves in a variety of colors
Post-Mastectomy Fittings and Products
Breast surgery can present both physical and emotional challenges. Our professionally trained staff are board-certified mastectomy fitters and provide outstanding care to patients as well as the greater community. The Boutique carries the most current and innovative selection of breast prostheses (also known as breast forms) and fits all types of surgeries or abnormalities of the breast.
Breast forms often help some patients fulfill the need to feel more feminine and restore a more positive body image. The forms come in varying shapes, sizes and colors.
- Full silicone breast forms for women who have a single or bilateral mastectomy. These forms restore balance and symmetry and renew body image and confidence.
- Full silicone attachable breast forms that adhere to the chest wall with a medical grade self-adhesive back layer.
- Partial silicone breast forms, also known as symmetry shapers, are used following a lumpectomy, reconstruction or to balance uneven breasts.
- Silicone adhesive nipples can help you appear symmetrical in your bra.
We also offer a wide selection of mastectomy pocketed bras that keep the form in place. Our post-operative bras and camisoles are soft and comfortable to wear after mastectomy or lumpectomy surgeries and come in a variety of sizes and colors.
Other Specialty Products
- Lymphedema compression sleeves and gauntlets
- Specialized skin care products for radiation and chemotherapy
- Cancer awareness gifts and relaxation CDs
- Beautiful selection of jewelry and accessories
The Boutique is accredited by the Joint Commission and is open to the public, accepting Medicare and most major insurance plans.
Stop by to browse or call 781-624-4797 to schedule an appointment. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am- 4:30 pm.