Breast Care Center
South Shore Hospital’s Breast Care Center received a
from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC).
Being diagnosed with a breast condition can feel overwhelming, but at South Shore Hospital, we offer everything you need to take charge of your health.
Our dedicated Breast Care Center, in affiliation with Brigham and Women's Hospital, provides timely and supportive care for benign and malignant diseases of the breast. We’ve received a full, three-year accreditation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC): that means you can expect the highest standards of care available, including access to local, regional and national clinical trials offering promising new treatments.
Additionally, the Breast Care Center was recently awarded a 2015 Women’s Choice Award, which recognizes centers that have met the high standards of the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) and carry the Breast Imaging Center of Excellence (BICOE) seal from the American College of Radiology. They also have above average patient recommendation ratings according to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Comprehensive Evaluation & Treatment for All Breast Conditions
The Breast Care Center focuses on patients with surgical breast problems, elevated risk of developing breast cancer and/or a new or past diagnosis of breast cancer.
Our complete range of specialties includes:
- New cancer diagnosis
- New breast mass
- Findings suspicious for cancer on a primary care physical exam or mammogram screening
- Low suspicion for breast cancer on primary care exam or imaging
- Screening exams for elevated risk due to family history or prior history of atypical ductal hyperplasia, atypical lobular hyperplasia, or lobular carcinoma in situ
- Nipple discharge without suspicious findings on exam or imaging
- Breast abscess requiring drainage
- Recommendation for stereo tactic biopsy (prior to stereotactic appointment)
- Recommendation for surgical biopsy
- Painful cyst requiring aspiration, depending on the severity of pain
- Pre-menopausal patient with a mass persists post-menstrual
- Pre-menopausal patient, with nodularity on a primary care exam; symptoms wax and wane with menses, but no dominant mass or suspicious findings with breast imaging
- Any post-menopausal patient with a new breast mass
Dedicated Care Team to See You Through
At the Breast Care Center, you’ll be backed by a team of experts committed to your recovery. We’re proudly led by medical director, Suniti Nimbkar, MD, a board-certified surgeon who has dedicated her practice exclusively to patients with breast disease. Dr. Nimbkar is joined by associate director, Katherina Zabicki Calvillo, MD, a board-certified, fellowship-trained breast surgeon, and Leslie Leveille, NP, a nurse practitioner specializing in breast care.
Working closely with you and your primary care physician, these experts create a treatment plan tailored to your unique needs, while offering compassionate support every step of the way.
Specialized Breast Cancer Rehabilitation Services
South Shore offers a wide range of women’s rehabilitation services designed specifically for those with or recovering from breast cancer. That includes our aquatic therapy program, especially helpful for women following a mastectomy. You’ll learn ways to improve flexibility, decrease pain and stiffness and boost self-esteem by participating in these warm water exercises. Therapy is offered Mondays and Wednesdays, from 6:45-7:30 p.m. Cost is $50 per session. Please call (781) 624-8177 for more information.
Learn More About Our Comprehensive Breast Care
We’re conveniently located on the second floor of the Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Center, at 101 Columbian Street, South Weymouth.
For more information, and to make an appointment, please call (781) 624-4760.